Wednesday, February 03, 2010

52/52

I stumbled on this website earlier this year when a friend posted something about it in a comment on my facebook page. Fifty Two books in fifty two weeks. As an English major I bemoan the lack of reading in my own life so I was so stoked to see this. I thought I would give it a try and see how many I can read. I will not count books toward my thesis on this so there maybe a few weeks where this little blog is silent, but I think it will also be a good way to keep up with blog posting.

So here are books 1-3

Percy Jackson and the Olympians : The Lightning Thief
The Sea of Monsters
The Curse of the Titan

I confess these are young adult books, (more preteen) but they are fun retellings of the Greek myths and the imagination the author has to put Hades in L.A. and Olympus at the top of the Chrysler bldg in NYC is brilliant.

I am a bit behind those already started, but there is no rush. I have an entire spring and summer after my thesis to read read read and let me tell you there will be much reading, (mostly anything NOT having to do with infanticidal women) after said thesis is finished.

And for those about to ask, the thesis is coming...very very very slowly.

No comments: