Friday, May 02, 2008

Here is an update from the past few weeks of my life. It is not much as I am not really sure what I have to tell that anyone cares to read.

First, the semester is all over but the grades. I spent much of the past two weeks at the library and or someplace with a wireless connection trying to get all the work typed, turned in, and done with some sense of sanity remaining. The sanity part really didn't happen. In fact the 1st day of finals I dumped a venti cup of fresh brewed coffee allover myself. Well it really wasn't dumping as much as it was I was squeezing the cup (unbeknownest to myself) and it exploded while I was talking to a classmate about studying together for an exam. I laughed about it later, but at the moment my scalded hands and no longer exsisting cup of coffee were enough to put me in a corner to cry; but who had timefor that when there are papers tobe edited and turned in.

You might also have noticed that some of my words are scrunched together, well that is because I droppedtwo books onto my laptop keyboard injuring the space bar. It works on one side, but not the other so I have had to adjust my typing, it is amusing, especially when I am in a hurry, I just let the wordsruntogether and then go back and space them out. I didn't drop the books on purpose, they were on a shelf above me and as I was reaching for them they slipped.

One paper was absolute crap. In fact if I donotget a failing grade, I may protest it, because it deserves a failing grade. THe other paper was okay. I was not pleased, but when I read it aloud as a conference paper to the class it was highly praised, like highly praised, and believe me I was stunned. Stunned.

So I slept all day the day afterfinals. My body could probably sleep some more, but I want to get on a schedule again that resesmbles normalcy. I have kept the most erractic hours the past two weeks, mostly not getting home until well after midnight and getting up andout way to early.

I really cannot think of much more to say. It will be a melancoly week as my dear friend is being whisked away to MI. While she will be close tomyhometown, she will still be in MI and I down here. I know I wouldnot have made it my first semester back if it hadnot been for herkindness and generosity.

1 comment:

Renaissance Woman said...

Guess who has a blogger account now? WOOT!

Congrats on finishing up the semester. Hopefully everything else is going well!