Monday, May 26, 2008

old emails....

I do not generally think of myself as a pack rat. I can throw away that drawing from kindergarten and not think too much about it. Things that I do not use regularly get taken to goodwill or sold at a yard sale. But pictures, letters and emails. Now there is a different story. I have been nostalgic today. The events of the last half of last week have dragged me to a melancholy place. So tonite instead of going to bed and reading northanger abbey till I fell asleep I began sifting through my email accounts and reading / deleting emails. One address comes up quite often, especially through 06-07. I was actually quite surprised in rereading those emails because it shows how much this person and I have changed. He much more so than myself, but I think he would agree that I too have changed in smallish ways none the less.

There are of course emails that I would like to delete because they hurt to read. Truth cuts deep, and runs swiftly, but it is truth and I should be a lessor person without it.

So to my friend who got me through the night I thought would never end, I say thank you. Your words mean more to me now because I can see the truth.

No comments: