Monday, May 26, 2008

A new place to find a man (tongue in cheek)

so some friends and i pulled an all nighter last week. I think they had a reason, but I did not other than keeping them company. so at 5:30am we decided we were hungry and started rattling off places to eat. Cracker Barrel is where we landed so off we went. Now i've seen the sun rise because working at Starbucks at 4:30am affords me that privilege. It was a nice drive however and a chance to see the sun come up the horizon through the trees. we got to cracker barrel a few minutes before it opened so we listened to the radio and looked at the parking lot. One thing we noticed was that there was a lot of men. In fact my friend and I were the only girls. We noticed it but didn't think much of it until we got inside and sat down. not only were we the only girls other than the waitresses, we were the youngest people in the building.

i cannot remember when I was one of a handful of girls someplace. The thing was however, not one of those men could have been under 45. In fact most of them were closer to my grandfathers age. It was amusing. and fun.

so girls, if you are looking for an older man, 6am at the cracker barrel is the place to go. :)

No comments: